intec GOPA-International Energy Consultants GmbH is seeking for an Environment and/or Social (E&S) Consultant (m/f) to join our team in the Bad Homburg headquarter for supporting the execution of Energy Infrastructure Projects. In this role, you will provide technical assistance on E&S regulatory compliance, training, auditing, and performance improvement projects for multi-national clients, while working across intec’s team, on follow-on project tasks. This is an excellent career opportunity for a motivated candidate.
Your main tasks will be:
- undertake/lead preparation of environmental and social studies for power projects
- review and prepare appraisal of environmental and social studies and assess them in terms of environmental and social risks.
- advise and monitor the performance of an E&S Team which Supervise/monitor the implementation of Environmental and Social Management (and Monitoring) Plans (ESM(M)P during construction and operation.
- training and know-how transfer in environmental and social matters (internal and for our clients)
- work closely together with our technical teams and project management of large power infrastructure projects.
- review social safeguards instruments such as Resettlement Policy frameworks and Resettlement Action Plans in collaboration with relevant government agencies and local beneficiary groups.
- facilitate processes for the acquisition of environmental permits and Rights of Way (RoW);
- review and update environmental and social safeguards and health and safety procedures where required;
- prepare and Review the preparation of Construction Environmental Management Plans, Health and Safety Plans and the Resettlement Action Plans and monitor their implementation;
- perform work assignments related to environmental and health and safety inspections, compliance, monitoring, regulation, and research
- Bachelor (Master degree will be an advantage) in a relevant field of study such as Environmental Science or Natural Resource Management or related discipline with at least eight (8) years post-qualification experience as Environmental Specialist
- Fluent in English is mandatory,
- Good language skills in a second language is a preferred advantage
- Excellent working experience with environmental and social international standards, like World Bank, EBRD, KfW and other.
- Additional experience in Health and Safety is a preferred advantage
- Proven experience with IFI’s financed projects.
- Excellent writing/reporting skills.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills; experience writing comprehensive technical reports.
- Ability to multi-task, maintain flexibility, travel, and work independently with minimal supervision
We are a German consulting engineers company, member of GOPA Group, one of the strongest consulting groups in Europe. We are mainly active in East and South-East Europe, Africa, Middle East and Asia. We offer you a full-time job to work in an interdisciplinary team and in a multicultural environment. You would be part of our growing Sustainable Energy Team.