The objective of the project is to promote private investments contributing to a climate-friendly energy supply that benefits private and public electricity consumers in urban and rural areas.
The project aims to support the implementation of reforms in the energy sector, especially in the areas of RE and EE, and support the preparation of investment measures within the framework of the partnership. The individual measures carried out within the framework may include studies, training, ad hoc consultancy, the development of standard documents (e.g. power purchase agreements, PPAs), etc.
The Team Leader will be in charge of the implementation of the energy reform investment programme as well as the supervision and coordination of the input of the support services.
In addition, the Team Leader will be responsible for coordinating the implementation of activities together with the responsible institutions in the country of the assignment (Côte d'Ivoire).
The assignment requires, at least, 50% of the expert's presence in the country.
General professional experience
- Postgraduate degree (or equivalent) in areas relevant to the job (i.e. environmental sciences, environmental economics, climate change, natural resources management);
- Excellent drafting skills (reports and/or studies);
- Team management skills within a multicultural environment;
- Good communication and facilitation skills;
- Strong analytical skills and computer literacy.
- A minimum of 15 years professional experience in technical assistance projects in the field of renewable energy and energy efficiency;
- Extensive experience in the coordination of the various public and private actors in the energy sector
- At least 5 years experience as acting team leader in TA projects.
Specific professional experience
- At least 5 years of specific professional experience in managing development projects in the fields of policy and climate finance
- Extensive experience in identifying reforms and development bottlenecks in the energy sector (both renewable energy and energy efficiency) ;
- At least 5 years of experience in design, implementation and monitoring of targeted support measures in the fields of renewable energy and energy efficiency
- Competences in relation to the process of transformation of the European energy system
- At least 2 years of experience working within Germany's energy sector
- Knowledge of the sector environment of West Africa and Côte d'Ivoire (asset)
- Fluency in French (mandatory) and German (asset)
Please submit your application by e-mail to:
intec – GOPA International Energy Consultants GmbH
61352 Bad Homburg v.d.H.
Mr Marco Caponigro